Phlebotomy is a procedure in which the nurse or doctor punctures the vein through needle to draw blood out of it. The person who performs Phlebotomy is called a Phlebotomist. Nurses, doctors, lab scientists are also allowed to do Phlebotomy. However, there is a special training that is given to Phlebotomist who applies for this course.
Phlebotomists are trained properly through curso de flebotomista to collect blood through figure or vein puncture in adults and kids. They work in diagnostics laboratories, clinics, hospitals, blood donations center, etc. To get certification in Phlebotomy, a person should take proper training from good institute like International Training Careers located in Miami, Florida. They offer the knowledge and experience required to work in health care industry. You can get jobs in any field as long as it is in the health care industry. Medical industry is a respected industry and therefore working in this field will only give your reward and growth.
Becoming a Phlebotomist is not a hard decision to make. Their demand is growing every year. The course is short compared to the four years of medical training. However, there are still certain requirements that have to be fulfilled.
Here is the list of things that you should expect and fulfill to undergo this training program –
- You should be above 18 years with high school certificate or GED.
- A screening test will be done which will include drug tests and you need to pass it. Also, you should be clean with all your vaccinations.
- The training includes many practical sessions, where they will teach you how to pull and accumulate blood through needle. Also, you’ll learn how to ease your patients who are scared of needle.
- Your course isn’t confined to blood drawing and collecting, but there’ll be other extra courses involved which may be required generally. These courses are from first aid, anatomy, CPR, and physiology.
- Drawing blood needs usage of lot of equipment and collecting and storing data. Therefore, you will be trained in this category as well.
The fees for this course differ in different institutions. Universities are expensive than vocational courses. Also, some institutes provide short terms with lengthy classes, while some provide long term with sort classes. All institutes and universities focus more on practical sessions as it helps in grooming and improvising skills.
State certification in US is mandatory only in 4 states, Louisiana, Nevada, California, and Washington. A Phlebotomist can get certified from any organization as long as they’re licensed and approved by government.